The Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 requires that the JLDP is subject to an independent examination to determine whether or not it is ‘sound’. In accordance with this, it is imperative that the Plan is based on a sound and credible evidence base, and that it has considered local, regional and national policies, plans and strategies.
The supporting documents provide background information that form part of the evidence base linked to issues that need to be tackled within the JLDP. The supporting documents also provide information in terms of the local, regional and national policies, plans and strategies that are relevant in relation to the specific subject area.
It is important to ensure that the information provided in the topic papers is as current as possible. Although it is not a statutory requirement to consult on these documents the Councils welcomes any comments or any relevant information that would update the content of the topic papers.
Here is a list of the documents which have been prepared and their status:
The following studies are available on CD or email in English only on request. Please contact us for further information:
- Affordable Housing Viability Study
- Employment Land Study
- Gwynedd and Anglesey Retail study
- Review of the Anglesey and Gwynedd Special Landscape Areas
- Gwynedd Renewable Energy Capacity Study
- Anglesey Renewable Energy Capacity Study
- Scoping of potential development sites: Pwllheli (Development Appraisal Report) (2014)