Gwynedd Council Plan 2018-2023
The purpose of the Plan is to set out the Council’s vision and priorities for the period between April 2018 and the end of March 2023. It explains why we are focusing our energy and resources on our priorities, but is also outlines the full breadth of the Council’s work.
The Plan supports the Council’s vision, namely:
Our vision is for every community in Gwynedd to prosper, and for us as people to...
- Enjoy happy, healthy and safe lives
- Receive education of the highest quality which will enable us to do what we want to do
- Earn a sufficient salary to be able to support ourselves and our families
- Live in quality homes within our communities
- Live in a natural Welsh society
- Live with dignity and independently for as long as possible
- Take advantage of the beauty of the County’s natural environment
In accordance with the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015, these are our well-being objectives. The Council published its Well-being Statement as part of the 2019/20 review of the Council Plan, and it can be viewed by following the link below:
Gwynedd Council Well-being Statement
The Plan was initially adopted by the Council at its meeting on 8 March 2018, but it is very much a living document which will evolve over time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. We review the Plan yearly to ensure that we as a Council continue to do the things that are important to the people of Gwynedd.
We have reviewed the Plan in order to explain what we intend to achieve during 2021/22, the fourth year of the five year plan. The ‘Gwynedd Council Plan 2018-2023: 2021/22 Revision’ was adopted by the Council at its meeting on 4 March 2021.
The full Plan can be seen here:
There are two main elements to the Plan
- Improvement Priorities which outlines the main areas where we will focus our attention during the year, and our 7 Well-being Aims
- Departmental Plans which describes all the Council’s day to day work (this link takes you to an information page about all departments – click on the department’s name to view individual plans and further information).
Gwynedd Council Plan 2018-2023 (2020/21)
Gwynedd Council Plan 2018-2023 (2019/20)
Gwynedd Council Plan 2018-2023 (2018/19)
Strategic Plan 2017/18
Strategic Plan 2016/17
Strategic Plan 2015/16
Strategic Plan 2014/15
Council Business Support Service
Phone: 01766 771 000