Gwynedd Council Plan 2018-2023
The purpose of the Plan is to set out the Council’s vision and priorities for the period between April 2018 and the end of March 2023. It explains why we are focusing our energy and resources on our priorities, but is also outlines the full breadth of the Council’s work.
The Plan supports the Council’s vision, namely:
Our vision is for every community in Gwynedd to prosper, and for us as people to...
- Enjoy happy, healthy and safe lives
- Receive education of the highest quality which will enable us to do what we want to do
- Earn a sufficient salary to be able to support ourselves and our families
- Live in quality homes within our communities
- Live in a natural Welsh society
- Live with dignity and independently for as long as possible
- Take advantage of the beauty of the County’s natural environment
The Plan was initially adopted by the Council at its meeting on 8 March 2018, but it is very much a living document which will evolve over time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. We review the Plan yearly to ensure that we as a Council continue to do the things that are important to the people of Gwynedd.
After evaluating the work done during the first year of the Plan we have adapted, if needed, to form this new Plan which will be operational between April 2019 and March 2023. The ‘Gwynedd Council Plan 2018-2023: 2019/20 Revision’ was adopted by the Council at its meeting on 7 March 2019.
There are several elements to the Plan
- Summary Plan which outlines our Improvement Priorities and 7 Well-being Aims
- Departmental Plans which describes all the Council’s day to day work; and lastly the Council’s
- Well-being Statement which expands on our Well-being Aims in accordance with Well-being of Future Generations Act 2015.
These individual elements, including the full Plan can be seen below -
Gwynedd Council Plan 2018-2023: 2019/20 Revision
The complete Plan, including details of our Improvement Priorities, our day to day work and our Well-being Statement.
Gwynedd Council Summary Plan 2018-2023: 2019/20 Revision
Summary of the Council’s vision and priorities, and our Well-being Statement.
The Council’s day to day work, by department.
Gwynedd Council Well-being Statement
The Council’s commitment to improve the economic, social, environmental and cultural wellbeing of communities in Gwynedd.
Gwynedd Council Plan 2018-2023 (2018/19)
Strategic Plan 2017/18
Strategic Plan 2016/17
Strategic Plan 2015/16
Strategic Plan 2014/15
Council Business Support Service
Phone: 01766 771 000