Support available through Gwynedd Community Sports Chest
A total of £12,203 has recently been allocated to nine sports clubs in Gwynedd through the county’s Community Chest.
Gwynedd Community Chest grants provide support to clubs and various organisations, who are involved in sports and physical fitness activites across the county. There is up to £1,500 grant available and £76,500 to be allocated to Gwynedd projects this year.
The grant money that Gwynedd Community Chest allocates, will help to promote the sports clubs and organisations within the County, providing better sporting opportunities for Gwynedd residents.
There is no need for you to be a Sports Club to apply. Community Village Halls and local Committee’s can submit an application if they are to develop physical activites, within their community.
Councillor Craig Ab Iago Cabinet Member for Housing, Lesiure and Culture for Gwynedd Council said:
"The purpose of the Gwynedd Community Chest is to support and promote a variety of sports throughout the county. As a Council, we recognise the importance and need for sports clubs and organisations in our communities, and it is important that we give as much support as we can for them to succeed. It is encouraging that the Community Chest grants will continue to be of assistance to a large number of sports clubs and organisations in Gwynedd.
"I would encourage any club or sports organisation in Gwynedd who believe they are eligible for financial support from the Gwynedd Community Chest to present their application as soon as possible. A grant such as this can help with continuation and development of clubs and organisations in the current challenging financial times. "
At the most recent Gwynedd Community Chest meetings, grants were shared to a number of clubs including:
- Bangor City Community Sports: A grant was received towards Coach Education/Football Leaders/First Aid/FAW Safeguarding course to increase qualifications and further the club’s development who are at 550 members.
- Caernarfonshire Riding Club: The grant was offered to enable the club to purchase a Timing Device Equipment, for use by club rideers, for training and competition purpose.
- Dinas Mawddwy Netball Club: The grant was awarded towards payment of fees and appropriate courses and Coach Education and for the purchase of Netballs and Kit.
- Trefor Short Mat Bowling Club: Grant towards purchasing bowling equipment and storage.
- Mountain Rangers Football Club: Re-revival of a club that had closed down from new to develop new teams of youths of all ages. The grant was given towards costs of Education and courses for up to 8 Trainers and Volunteers and initial fees were paid to hire a hall for training and purchase of equipment.
- Caernarfon District Rugby and Football Club: The grant was offered for Education and Courses for trainers and volunteers to increase the club’s trainer’s qualifications. Payment of Village Hall fees for 4months for training and purchase of Rugby balls and cones, in order to continue development of this successful club.
- Mor Ladron: Development of trainers qualifications, the Caernarfon-based club have been able to send two persons on the WRU Level 1 course and marketing costs were paid for posters to continue development of the club.
- Tywyn Netball Club: Financial support to assist in the development of a new Netball team. 3 persons will attend courses on Coach Education and purchase of Kit and Netball Equipment.
- CPD Talysarn Celts: A successful football club, their application was approved for use of further training for Coaches, purchase of Equipment, Kit, rent hire costs of hall for 20-weeks. This will assist in development of a new team of a different age range to the club.
The next closing date for submitting applications is 6 September, with the following closing date on 5 November 2018. Applications should be submitted before mid-day. You can fill in an application form online by visiting Sports Wales website. www.sports.wales (Funding-Grants-Community Chest) and click on ‘Apply Online.
For any further information or support, contact the Gwynedd Council Community Chest team on email LAGO@gwynedd.llyw.cymru or call 01286 679153.