Working for us
Gwynedd Council offers an attractive employment package:
The Council operates a Local Government Pension Scheme. Information about the fund can be found on the Gwynedd Pension Fund website.
The Gwynedd retirement, early retirement and flexible retirement policy is attached on the bottom of this webpage.
We offer fair salaries that have been appraised by the local pay review:
The annual leave entitlement varies between 21 and 30 days per year - depending on the grade of the post. Staff are also entitled to 8 days leave for bank and public holidays, as well as an additional 3 and a half days
As well as the leave noted above, paid absence may be granted in special circumstances such as moving house, bereavement, attending medical appointments, undertaking public duties and so on.
Work Life Balance
Ensuring that staff strike a healthy balance between work and home life is very important for the Council. Staff can take advantage of the following arrangements:
- Flexible working hours (where circumstances allow)
- Job share (where circumstances allow)
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Parental leave and flexible working for parents and carers
Training and Development
Gwynedd Council recognises the importance of investing in its most important asset – its staff. Every employee can expect:
- A formal induction process and a continuous performance review
- A wide range of internal and external training and development opportunities
- Contribution towards the membership of professional bodies which are relevant to the work.
Health and Safety
Gwynedd Council aims to achieve the highest standard of managing the health, safety and wellbeing of all its staff.
There are also a number of addition benefits when working for Gwynedd Council, including:
- an opportunity to work within a Welsh environment – Welsh is the Council’s official administrative language
- assisted car purchase scheme
- awareness raising events about health and wellbeing matters
- free car parking facilities at most of the Council’s sites
- free eye tests for staff who make regular use of Visual Display Units
- MEDRA Counselling service - free and confidential counselling service for staff
- formal uniform and safety equipment are provided for staff within specific posts.
For further information about Gwynedd Council’s employment package, please contact us on (01286) 679951 or use our enquiries form.