Future of the Caernarfon Inner Relief Road
The inner relief road was constructed in circa 1980 to relieve traffic congestion within the town, which consists of:
- A multi span steel and concrete structure 10.5m wide and 90m long, and
- Currently forms part of the Bangor to Fishguard Trunk Road route
- The inner relief road suffers from a number of defects and the road surface and is nearing its residual life and will require resurfacing in the near future.
Options are being considered for the future use of the flyover, once the new by-pass has been constructed.
Construction of the new By-pass will reduce traffic numbers through Caernarfon, which therefore, may provide an opportunities to:
- Create new Active Travel provisions.
- Improve pedestrian links into the town centre.
- Enhance the landscape of the area.
- Reduce financial obligations to the Council
- Review the traffic arrangements in the Eagles Hotel area.
View information on the options under consideration
We welcome your comments:
Have your say: online questionnaire
Comments must be received by 1 November 2021.