The Economic Resilience Fund
THE FUND HAS NOW CLOSED.
(for businesses with a turnover of £85,000 or less normally)
What is the Economic Resilience Fund?
Additional financial support for the period 1 May to 30 June 2021 for businesses who have/are/will be significantly impacted by the ongoing restrictions in response to COVID-19.
Who can receive support?
Broadly, the support is for businesses who have/are/will be directly impacted by the restrictions (more information available in the Fund Guidelines).
Support is available to businesses who do receive a Non-Domestic Rates bill and those who do not.
Applicants must either:
- be forced to remain closed between 1 May and 30 June by the restrictions;
- been unable to open indoors between 1 May and 17 May;
- be a venue which caters exclusively for weddings and events with a capacity greater than 30 guests normally;
- be an enterprise which depends (60% or more sales) on suppling businesses in the above categories.
Every applicant must also be anticipating a reduced total turnover of greater than 60% for the whole of May/June in comparison.
Businesses with an annual turnover greater than £85,000 normally (i.e. without the impact of COVID-19) should be present an application directly to the Welsh Government by visiting the Business Wales website before 12pm on 16 June 2021.
Businesses, located in Gwynedd, with an annual turnover of less than £85,000 normally (i.e. without the impact of COVID-19) should present an application by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
More information on who's eligible to receive support is included in the Fund Guidelines - make sure you read them before you present an application.
How much is available?
The grant awarded will vary in line with how the businesses has been impacted and the number employed:
May 2021 Restrictions
| || 1-3 employed|| 4-9 employed|
|Partially closed / in transition
|Supply chain business
|Wedding and event venues with a capacity of greater than 30 guests normally
|Businesses forced to close throughout May and June 2021
The number employed can include owners taking a wage through drawing from profits and the number of full time equivalent (FTE) workers paid by the business through the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) scheme as of 1 May 2021.
Make information is included in the Fund Guidelines - make sure you read them before you present an application.
How do I present an application?
- Visit the Business Wales website and complete the eligibility checker to see if you're likely to be eligible for support.
- Read the Fund Guidelines.
- Gather information you'll need to complete your application (turnover, number of employees, etc) and a copy of a recent bank statement if you haven't had funding from the Council previously (so we can check you details).
- Complete and submit your application by clicking on this link below.
What's the timescale?
The Fund will open at 12pm on 2 June and close at 5pm on 30 June 2021.
Once submitted, you'll receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application.
We aim to process all applications within 30 working days once we've received all the information/evidence required.
Is there any help to apply?
If there are any accessibility issues that might prevent you from completing an online application form please call the Business Wales helpline on 03000 6 03000.
You can contact the Council's Business Support team directly by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01286 679231.
Where can I find more information?
The eligibility checker for the Fund is available here.
The Guidance for the Fund is available here.
Important things to remember when submitting an application
- Make sure you've completed the eligibility checker and read the Fund Guidance before you start an application.
- Make sure you apply 5pm on 30 June 2021.
- Make sure you've got all the supporting documents required before you apply and provide everything we need to assess your application.
- Answer all the questions in the application form as best as you can.
- Check your application carefully before submission.
- Remember incomplete or inaccurate applications may be refused.
Stay Safe - Stay in the Know
Register to receive our business support bulletin and follow @BusnesGwynedd on Twitter.