In summary, businesses:
• who receive a Business Rates bill (even if there’s no need to pay anything);
• who were trading up to 13 December 2021and will be / would have traded throughout the period up to 14 February 2022;
• with their property on the rating list on 1 September 2021 and occupying the property on 30 November 2021;
• in the hospitality, retail, tourism or leisure sectors (can include charities or not for profit organisations);
• or part of the supply chain for the above sector and anticipating a reduction of 40% or more in their turnover between 13 December 2021 and 14 February 2022.
Further details are included in the scheme guidance.
Note that only self-catering properties for 30 or more guests or which are classified as outdoor education centres are eligible for support.
How much money is available?
Eligible businesses can receive one of the following for up to two properties in Gwynedd (individual applications will be required for each property):
£2,000 for businesses occupying a property with a rateable value of up to £12,000.
£4,000 for businesses occupying a property with a rateable value of between £12,001 and £51,000.
£6,000 for businesses occupying a property with a rateable value of between £51,001 and £500,000.
More details are included in the scheme guidance.
How are the funds accessed?
A registration form must be filled in and submitted before any money can be received:
a) carefully read the scheme guidance
b) make sure you have your Business Rates Reference Number to hand (if you don’t know your reference number contact email@example.com)
c) click the link below to complete the registration form
All registration forms must be submitted before 5:00pm on 14 February 2022.
Is any more help available?
• with an annual turnover (total sales) of over £85,000;
• who pay income tax via ‘Pay As You Earn’ (PAYE);
• registered with Companies House / the Charities Commission or registered for VAT / VAT exempt; and,
• forecasting a reduction of 60% or more in their turnover between 13 December 2021 and 14 February 2022.
can apply for additional support from the Welsh Government COVID-19 Economic Resilience Fund: December 2021 – February 2022 by visiting the Business Wales website here.
To ensure you know about any new support as soon as possible remember to register to receive the Council’s business support bulletin and follow us @BusnesGwynedd