Gwynedd Council is responsible for ensuring that businesses and establishments within the county comply with the smoking ban in public places.
The documents and templates below will assist businesses and establishments to ensure that they comply with the ban:
- guide for employers - guidance on how to ensure that your establishment complies with the new legislation
- regulations for no smoking places - the actual regulations, with details of the requirements, definitions, and the penalty for non compliance
- guidance on smoking shelters - guidance on the type of smoking shelters are acceptable, when planning permission is required, and advice on best locations for the smoking shelters
- no smoking signs (external link) - the statutory no smoking signs for building and vehicles can be downloaded from this site. If you wish Gwynedd Council to send the signs to you, please contact us using the contact detail below
- no smoking policy template - it is recommended that businesses develop and operate a written no smoking policy. The Welsh Assembly Government has prepared a template policy that you may wish to use. (English only).
If you have any queries regarding smoking in public places in Gwynedd, or if you wish to let us know of any instances in which the regulations are not complied with, please contact us using the details below:
Address: Smoking Ban Enforcement Officer, Public Protection, Gwynedd Council, Arfon Area Office, Penrallt, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 1BN
Phone: 01766 771000